Thursday, May 7, 2015

A question of finances

This is sort of a random thing, but I've been thinking about it anyways.  I, personally, due to reasons, don't have a lot of personal income.  This isn't some sort of plea to try to get more people to hit the donate button, though, quite the opposite.  Pleasures of the Knight is in a very early form, and though, in terms of raw text it's kind of long, any particular play through is going to be pretty short since a lot of the text went into filling out the options than making the game longer.  Still, my last (and next) game, Ghost Princess managed to pull a few donations at about this point along its development, and its got me thinking about what is different between them (Well, Ghost Princess is a little more conventional, for starters, but still).

Mostly, I'm curious what sort of things people would like to see added/improved/etc. going forward in Pleasures of the Knight, and maybe what sort of thresholds it would need to reach to make them want to donate, even if they don't actually.  I mean, I'm sure a decent portion of it is just it's not a very extensive project yet, it's rather risky to be tossing around support for something so unproven, but as this is the closest thing I have to a job (...  Ergh, that's kinda awkward to think about), I'd love to know what my, well, consumers think I could do to make my product better.  Comment here or in the TF Games Site thread ( http://www.tfgamessite.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6155 if you haven't stumbled across it yet) if something particularly comes to you as something the game definitely needs for you to feel its earned additional support.  Or if you just have an opinion about what I could do better.  I've gotten some positive feedback, but constructive criticism is super helpful if any of you have any of it lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment