Monday, November 2, 2015

Delays delays delays

"Jeez, Melphy, it's been a lot more than one or two days.  What have yooooou been doing?"

I'll admit, haven't been able to focus on this as much as I'd like, there was a big Halloween party over here and even though I wasn't really a participant, I was expected to help get the house ready so...  Yay.

But honestly a lot of the delay is due to my terrible terrible writing habits.  What sort of writing habits?

Well, for example, one of the random encounters is a simple sort of stop over at a farm house (and maybe a little roll in the hay with the farmer's daughter if you're so inclined.  It's a bit stereotypical, but it's a minor event), and that seems short and simple right?  Hah!  Oh no, that's underestimating my habits.  Just getting into the building is over a thousand words, and I suspect the entire scene will easily hit 4000 all told.  And how much is 4000 in the scheme of things really?  It means that, assuming I release as soon as the scene is done, the singular farm scene will amount to 10% of the type written content (including code).

And since I've been working on Zone 2 as well, the random event update is taking a bit longer than expected.  With that in mind, do people want to wait until I have two events all done like I planned, or would you rather see the one as opposed to waiting?  Post your opinion in any of my threads or here and, well, it'll adjust what I release.

2 comments:

  1. hey a party is always good, and i prefer a scene to be written well the first time, saves you wanting to go back and do it again, and again... I say stick to your guns, better to have lots of good quality then realising small updates... my two cents. love the work so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that motion. It's ready when it's ready.

      Delete