Saturday, January 16, 2016

Calling in sick... And stunningly more awesome news

Bad news first: It turns out "I've gotten over my recent illness" is actually code word for "OH GOD THAT WAS JUST THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM."  Not giving you any details (TMI abounds!), but I have been uncomfortably unwell, to say the least.  There has been a non-zero quantity of progress, but I've gone from being able to hammer out like 2k+ words a day to maybe a 400-500 word passage if I try really hard.  There may be a doctor's visit in my immediate future e_e

Stunning news: One of you, out there, somewhere, was apparently threatened enough by that baleful glowing red eye over on the right to actually visit my Patreon page.  Honestly, other than the glaring eye, I wasn't really going to emphasize it or draw attention to it until I had gotten some decent work done on the 2nd section.  It was my original plan not to put it up until that was done, but someone observed to me that spending months with no "support option" as it were was really stupid with my lack of any other source of income.  So I just kinda stuck it there.

And holy hell, someone actually though this was good enough to support.  That has got to be the best thing that's happened to me all year! (See, it's mid January so that's funny.  Laugh dammit).  I'm honestly not sure what to say about it.  I'm incredibly thankful, but trying to properly express that sort of thing seems like empty platitudes far too easily.  I just have to say, there are some of you out there who do give me feedback at times (and I do appreciate it, critical and positive, helps me improve the work), but it's usually pretty quiet around here, so I'm never sure what that means (not that I'm blaming anyone or anything, just comes with the territory I think), but this is a vote of confidence that means a lot to me.

So, you know who you are, and thank you.

1 comment: