Tuesday, December 15, 2015

See, there's this... Thing.

And that thing is, last night, I said "Hey, I got the farm scene done, but the update isn't done."

And that was totally true.  It was totally true.  It's not anymore.  Not even a little.  Because I like you guys (and because I was pretty tired of going "Yep, here's a not-an-update, I've written Xty words and passages" every 2 or 3 days), I put in 6 hours today, and in the doing put a pretty nice 3,100 words into the game (well, and some coding.  Bloody coding).

Now what does that mean? It means I have an early Christmas present for those of you who celebrate that (er, and a Hanukkah gift for people who celebrate that?  I think it may even be the right time of year rather than early), or maybe just a generic winter celebration gift.  Whatever you like.

And that gift is:

THIS

Pleasures of the Knight 2.4 is ALIIIIIIVE, and actually pretty thoroughly playtested.  I may have missed some stuff, as while I thiiiink I hit every, or close to every, possible permutation, but there's a lot at this point so I might've missed something.  Still, you have THE FARM RANDOM ENCOUNTER, which is a giant block'o content, and a new dream, which I feel some of my...  Longer term readers might have a certain appreciation for.  Also, it contains what is now my personal favorite non sexual scene in it.

Current things of note for the new content: 1) Frigg doesn't lock out any of it, buuuut she also doesn't show up as visible in any of it either so sorry if that breaks immersion a bit.  In a while I'll be doing a "Frigg Update" to back add her scenes and her presence in some scenes.  Also 2) There are at least 2 possible routes that could prevent you from seeing the new dream.  If you get the red demon dream you absolutely cannot get the new dream, and there's a chance (though the pathing is VERY specific) that when you bring Frigg along you won't be able to get it (not due to anything to do with Frigg, just that you've met the conditions for the red demon dream, you just didn't get it because Frigg blocks auto-firing dreams, since she has her own set of auto-firing events).

Also, I've tossed in a few options in the "in progress" filler events to let you tweak your stats a bit to help you hit certain willpower w/e thresholds to get certain event variants.  And I also added a few more things to the end of game tracker and a few other, uh, "Quality of Life"? things.

Anyways, I think that's enough of my going on for now, but for those interested, the upcoming update should take nowhere NEAR as long, because it's just going to be me finally adding in the stats screen.  I may still take like a week or something while I figure the entire thing out, but, uh, that's still less than a month +.

So happy hunting, and I'll see you guys then!

4 comments:

  1. Farmhouse barn scene has a typo in the elseif for the option to select
    [[lovely.|FarmbarnIntR]]

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's also a bug in the random travel events section, occasionally I get:

    Error: <>: bad conditional expression in <> clause: expected expression, got '<'

    But i can't see a way to find what is causing it for certain. (Yet;I am still looking.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... replace square brackets with less than/greater than symbols.

    actual error is:
    Error: [[if]]: bad conditional expression in [[if]] clause: expected expression, got '['

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I fixed like... 6-ish else ifs that had escaped me during the move over to Sugarcube and just uploaded the new version straight over it. I'm hoping that'll clean everything up, because, having searched through it, there is no case of [[if in the entire document, so I'm hoping that error is caused by one of the other things that were broken, so see if you can recreate that error still and I'll do some more testing on my end too.

      Delete