Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy Friggin' New Years!

I got you some sex!

With Frigg.

Since I know most of you want that.

Anyways I was hoping to have this update out BEFORE today, but clearly that failed.  To make up for that I filled in one of the "filler" Frigg scenes, so, if you're the more dominant of the pairing, you'll have a little excitement waiting for you (though note that I found, play testing that route, it's actually pretty specific to reach.  Still, if you manage it, PRIZES.  And by prizes I mean getting to use Frigg for pleasure).

Why the dominant one?  Well, because, in one of the other two new random events, you can end up in a decidedly not-at-all dominant situation with Frigg, and I figured I'd cater to both ends of the spectrum at once (note you won't be able to get that scene if you haven't had sex with Frigg yet).

Download HERE

More details and a question below:

So, anyways, new stuff any changes more precisely:

2 new random encounters, one short, the other one short unless you have Frigg along.

1 of the Frigg filler scenes filled in.

The pervasive "Event repeats" bug squashed for good (I'm pretty sure.  Turns out it was caused by me switching how a variable was increased to measure how far along the event chain you were, and so that inconsistency was causing some events to repeat.  And then, when I first fixed it, it actually caused the game to skip one of the events entirely, took me a while to figure THAT one out).

All routes involving Frigg will give you her name at least once by the time you get to the maid manor.  (In some cases twice.  The night before got a bit hazy after a certain amount of exertion)

Random events that you can get with Frigg along acknowledges Frigg being present.  Except the Farm, once more events are implemented that'll probably become exclusive to not having Frigg (though there may be an entirely different variant involving her being along later, it'll be something I'll have to write start to finish as there's just not much content I can overlap there).


Annnnd finally, since this is almost all about Frigg, there's a little question I'd like to ask anyone who cares:

I've seen commented around that some people would like to be able to romance or form a deeper bond or what have you with Frigg, and, to be totally honest, as originally conceptualized, that's not going to get very far.  Like, befriend?  Probably, much beyond that?  Ehhhh, "moderately preferred sexual partner," ain't no man tying that girl down.

Howweeevverrrrr I was considering putting in a small chance (checked at the beginning of the game) that Frigg was a slightly different character, giving a possible different result of those pursuits further down the line.  One of my friends observed to me, though, that hiding something like that behind a secret % check would be super frustrating if you were trying to intentionally see that content.  While I was mostly thinking of it as something that would happen organically in the narrative...  They're entirely right, people who wanted to specifically see that content WOULD find that pretty frustrating.

Sooo, got 3 options for you people:

1) Keep the original RNG plan.  The content will be in there, but it'll be all down to luck who sees which version.

2) Attach secret flags to some decisions that will make it so if a certain number of them are made, it swaps which Frigg you're dealing with.  This, obviously, will take some serious hunting through to do, but once people figure it out, you'll be able to scope it out when you want to, and people just playing the game normally may still stumble upon it.

Of course, my friend noted that that method kind of sucks too, so the final option is...

3)  Frigg will just be Frigg in every playthrough, and whatever connection you can get with her is just what you can manage with her base, rather self centered hedonistic personality.  This is obviously less work for me, and spares people from trying to mine for the content, since, well, it's not there.  But, you know, for everyone who was hoping to make a probable succubus cultist their ONE TRUE LOVE...  Well probably SOL.  Anyways, post here, on any of the forums, etc. etc.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think it should be RNG. Either go with the second option if you are willing to let those that want it have it, or go with the third.

    If you are set on the RNG though you should definitely make it so people can find out sooner than later what they got (possibly through a line of dialogue that is slightly different one way or another?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You designed her with a specific personality in mind, and so you should stay true to the character and story. Anything contradictory to that would make for a weaker narrative or at least feel out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, RNG seems like a bad and frustrating idea, the other two would be fine by me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The guy.. or gal or entity talking about staying true has a point.
    Also, interesting release, could be more.. ghost.. or I dunno.. Princess? focused maybe. *hides*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfft. Ah, the project that will forever haunt me, perhaps ironically. As I've commented here and there, Ghost Princess is a MUCH harder (technically) project to work with so at PRESENT my plan is to finish Pleasures first.

      I suppose the money-shill option here is to go "Well unless my patreon backers say otherwise" or something, but even then, I really don't know. I imagine I may very well have the "expertise" or what have you to have GP go quite a bit more smoothly (though I'd still have to seeeriously tone back significant parts of its design, a lot of the fully free form transformation stuff is probably not making a return when I get back to that because that was a terrrrible idea from a design standpoint, since I'm not willing to have transformation elements like that have no impact).

      That aside, there is at least a moderately vocal group who actually do seem to like Pleasures more so I'd feel kinda dickish just screwing them over after saying I was going to finish it first. I dunno, it's complicated.

      Delete